Alabama Hills Closed- spread the word

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Alabama Hills Closed- spread the word

Post by Silky Smooth »

Hi everyone, I am reaching out because the local community here in LP needs help to spread the message that the Alabama Hills are closed for camping and recreation. The last 2 weeks have been very busy with campers and RV's and it seems the message is not getting out. The Alabama Hills stewardship group and BLM would like your help in spreading the message. Inyo Sheriff deputies are going to the Alabama Hills and asking people to leave from a safe distance daily.

Please spread the message if you can! We all want to keep our communities safe. If you can repost the image and post on your own social media pages that would be greatly appreciated.

We scored a D-/F because of too much travel into the area and we have now one of the highest rates per our limited population. To be transparent, I have adjusted my recreation plan to reflect all the closures and I am being respectful of what is happening out there. Stay safe and make good decisions.

thanks for your help everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Harper
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Alabama Hills Closed- spread the word

Post by John Harper »

Thanks for the heads up!

John