Show your Can!

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Show your Can!

Post by markskor »

Thanks to Eric, and some new HST stickers, the customization of my bearikade is coming right along.
Others may also have done some personalization on theirs too. So I ask all:
Show us your can!
can.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountainman who swims with trout
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Show your Can

Post by BSquared »

Gee, I'm going to rent a Bearikade for our upcoming JMT through hike (Woot: just got my wildnerness-permit reservation for 10 July, the earlier of the two possible starting dates!). Do you suppose the Wild Ideas folks would object if I returned it with a "Got Mountains?" sticker? :lol:

-B2
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

markskor wrote:Thanks to Eric, and some new HST stickers, my customization of my bearikade is coming right along.
Others may also have done some personalization on theirs too. So I ask all:
Show us your can!
You do know, those stickers are GUARANTEED to add .0001% greater durability to your can against bear shenanigans. :righton:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Gee, I'm going to rent a Bearikade for our upcoming JMT through hike (Woot: just got my wildnerness-permit reservation for 10 July, the earlier of the two possible starting dates!). Do you suppose the Wild Ideas folks would object if I returned it with a "Got Mountains?" sticker?
Funny. Out of Tuolumne, I've rented canisters for 8 years. I've gotten the same one 3 times as it had a postal shipping sticker on it with the renter guys name.

Put any sticker on your can that you care to.. They won't peel them off.

Russ
BSquared
Founding Member

Post by BSquared »

rlown wrote:Put any sticker on your can that you care to.. They won't peel them off.

Russ
They just rent Garcias at Tuolumne, don't they? Last I knew, one had to rent Bearikades directly from Wild Ideas, and I have a feeling they're a little more picky about how their renters leave their [very expensive] canisters... :paranoid:

-B2
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

They just rent Garcias at Tuolumne, don't they? Last I knew, one had to rent Bearikades directly from Wild Ideas, and I have a feeling they're a little more picky about how their renters leave their [very expensive] canisters...

True about Garcias at Tuolumne.But still, stickers abound..

Russ
trav867
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Show your Can!

Post by trav867 »

Hey guys, a bit off topic, but is there anywhere near sequoia/kings canyon that rents bearikades? Whats the process for renting from wild ideas?
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

What the heck happened to this topic? Thought it was meant to be a thread where people post photos of their bear cans? #-o
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
BSquared
Founding Member

Post by BSquared »

Yeah I guess I kind of hijacked it by starting that discussion of how seriously I could deface a rented Bearikade and still get away with it. Mea culpa.

-B2

:cool:

Let's see... to help get us back on topic, here is our rented Bearikade in 2004 at the Forsyth trail junction in Yosemite, immediately after we recovered it from where the bear had left it in frustration the previous night, having kept us up nearly all night as she bashed it about, apparently even jumping out of a tree onto it.

Result: Bearikade - 1, Bear - 0!
DSCF0016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

its in there, but I can't figger out how to resize images on this board - oh well - Palisade Creek, just below the Golden Staircase last July