Yosemite legal camping distance from trail and roads

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
RollingTree
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Yosemite legal camping distance from trail and roads

Post by RollingTree »

Enigmagic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 am here is an unofficial map showing the no camping zones. I believe it was put together by the Yosemite Conservancy but I don't know for sure.
Thanks for posting that! Beautiful.
Seems to correlate very well with the variety of other visual and written reference, though there are assorted minor jigs/jags, and 1 mile from roads tweaks.
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by wildhiker »

Enigmagic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 am here is an unofficial map showing the no camping zones. I believe it was put together by the Yosemite Conservancy but I don't know for sure.

https://caltopo.com/m/SMRD
Yes, that is the same map I found last month and then couldn't find again! Thanks for posting the link.
-Phil
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maiathebee »

Yeah, the full trailhead and quota info has been online for years, just listing the full days. Here's what the full trailhead report looked like in 2017.
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 10.21.45 AM.png
Here's the wilderness info page in 2008, which shows a link to the quota report in the form Phil described.
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 10.33.41 AM.png
Here's what the trailhead quota page looked like in 2008.
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 10.35.57 AM.png
You can check out cached versions on the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org/web/20080701091 ... ermits.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love