Incident on Donohue Pass

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bluewater
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Incident on Donohue Pass

Post by Bluewater »

"During the fall I lost a trekking pole, all my weed. . ."

I am guilty of taking risks in the backcountry, but never anything that would put ". . .all my weed" at risk :)
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

"This expedition is changing me deeply. I'm finding patience, something I've struggled with all of my life. Meeting a wall of water, too strong to pass, is quietly calming and resonates deeply with a deep sense of direction which says, "Stop. Know that everything is all right, you are right where you need to be." To slowly absorb The Yosemite, is to feel a deep connection with whatever created this magical place - and which created us..."

Now that's the Spirit!!

Nice to see someone on the right track. This guy shows respect, humility, and a deepening connection to the world. What a joy to read.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Bmac
Topix Novice

Post by Bmac »

balzaccom wrote:What an idiot. At least he was able to go back out onto that icy slope to recover his weed...
Total idiot... So stupid of him to slip... Smart people don't slip.
WarrenFork
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by WarrenFork »

Bmac wrote:
balzaccom wrote:What an idiot. At least he was able to go back out onto that icy slope to recover his weed...
I'm sure glad John Muir isn't around to see the names he'd be called on here. Dude rushed out during a "Glorious earthquake!" to ride an avalanche of talus blocks! Dude shinnied up a pine tree during a windstorm! Dude crawled out on Fern Ledge behind Upper Yosemite Falls at the height of spring runoff!

Moron!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

WarrenFork wrote:
Bmac wrote:
I'm sure glad John Muir isn't around to see the names he'd be called on here. Dude rushed out during a "Glorious earthquake!" to ride an avalanche of talus blocks! Dude shinnied up a pine tree during a windstorm! Dude crawled out on Fern Ledge behind Upper Yosemite Falls at the height of spring runoff!

Moron!
Good point.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix