Minaret to Cecile..Iceberg. | High Sierra Topix  

Minaret to Cecile..Iceberg.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: Minaret to Cecile..Iceberg.

Postby Chicago_Dave » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 am

stevet wrote:Dave,
I hiked the Iceberg - Cecile - Minaret route last week (north to south). As others have mentioned, the route between Iceberg and Cecile is a use trail. Easy to follow, but crumbly, so expect that some of your steps will include a bit of sliding as the scree gives way. Hiking poles were very helpful. Other than that there are no particular challenges at this time (no snow or ice).

This is a very scenic route and just adventurous enough if this is one of your first forays off the beaten path.
Steve

Thanks Steve! Yes its my first trip in this area. I think I picked a good one!
Thanks for the input. Cant wait to post some pictures here.....been a great source of information with super helpful people!!

Chicago_Dave
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Postby Chicago_Dave » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Well I'm back from my trip! And it was fantastic!!! Thank you all for the great info I received on this site.

I can tell you that my favorite place to camp on the entire 5 day trip was on the north shore of Iceberg Lake. Simply stunning and completely isolated. Far enough away from everyone.

Here are some of the pics.
Attachments
DSC_5506.jpg
IMG_1664.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg
Chicago_Dave
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Postby ERIC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Glad your trip was a success! Thanks for coming back and posting the great pictures. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Previous

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping