Me and My Girls, 3 days in the giant Sequoias, 11-7-14 | High Sierra Topix  

Me and My Girls, 3 days in the giant Sequoias, 11-7-14

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: New (improved) Sequoia trip report posted...I hope

Postby rlown » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:59 am

the new report looks fine (located at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12051#sthash.ffUEsdJp.dpbs), and is speedy! I feel your pain in the resizing of pics but it's just part of the process and it looks like you have it down pat now.

A great report (again).

PS: you cannot delete your posts after someone responds. The decision to delete a responded thread lies with the Administrators. Also, do NOT put hot rocks from the fire near your polyester based products. Generally, a really bad idea.

Russ

rlown
Topix Junkie

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: New (improved) Sequoia trip report posted...I hope

Postby Tom_H » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm

rlown wrote:....do NOT put hot rocks from the fire near your polyester based products.

Amazing how easily a lot of modern equipment melts!
Tom_H
Topix Expert

Experience: N/A

Re: Me and My Girls, 3 days in the giant Sequoias, 11-7-14

Postby rlown » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:46 pm

good job.

Trying to redirect the comments to your thread so..

Our wanderings took us only as far as the upper end of the canyon. As usual, many lessons were learned and many remembered that had been learned before. Zinc Oxide or other anti-chafing can be vital when hiking, especially with kids. Warm stones removed from the fire ring and placed in their sleeping bag works wonders on painfully cold toesf

Don't do that warm stone thing near modern gear; it'll melt.
rlown
Topix Junkie

Postby ERIC » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Well, merging the three threads didn't go as well as I would have liked. Not easy to do - so lesson for us all here is to try to keep things to one thread. Much cleaner that way. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Postby Troutdog 59 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 am

A little late, but thank you for posting a fantastic trail report! Gotta love getting out and sharing the hike with your family! Kudos to you!!! I've been up to MHSP, but have never done an overnight out of there, but what a fantastic looking area. I just might have to go try a hike out of that area. Again, thanks for the excellent report.
If you stand in the light, you get the feel of the night, and the music that plays in your ear......
In your mind you can hear, a voice so sweet and clear, and the music that plays in your head......
As it flows up from the ground, taking all that hear the sound, close your eyes, it’s about to begin.

R. Trower
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Experience: N/A

Previous

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping