TR: Summer of `74

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
swimjam
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Summer of `74

Post by swimjam »

Paul, thanks for posting this. As an "older" backpacker who started in the late 70's, I've really enjoyed the photos, trip log, and your refreshed memories.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by paul »

I'm glad folks are enjoying this report. I hope someone else posts some TR's from the past, I would like see some.
cmon4day
Topix Regular

Post by cmon4day »

Simply WOW! Thanks for that read. What an awesome TR from back in the day. Still an adventure in today's standards as well. I started my BPing in 1975 at age 17. Like you, memory in bits and pieces. What really helps are the old photos and the fact that you are still friends after all these years. I'm still pals with some of my buddies, but not all. Thanks again.
paul
Topix Expert

Post by paul »

It really is a collective memory. On my own, I would have had only a very sketchy outline, partly just moments remembered that I had trouble placing in sequence. Only with everyone's help (especially Matt and his journal) was I able to piece it together.