Big SEKI Loop

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Space Cat
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Big SEKI Loop

Post by Space Cat »

I plan on hiking the Big SEKI loop during the first two weeks of September. I am flexible with the route / dates/ duration of trip and I’m totally open to suggestions. I may be able to swing the last week of August if that works better for potential partners. I don’t mind hiking alone but it would be nice to team up with likeminded trail enthusiasts. I live in the the South Bay Area. I have hiked the JMT and have been on a bunch of trips to the High Sierra. Unfortunately I don’t have transportation but can contribute to fuel costs. Let me know if that sounds fun to anyone. Thanks!
Last edited by Space Cat on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Rae Lakes or wherever

Post by bobby49 »

It may be surprising how far you can go on public transportation, once you make up your mind.
Space Cat
Topix Novice

Post by Space Cat »

Never really considered that. I’ll look into it. Thanks
sonicrobotstar
Topix Newbie

Post by sonicrobotstar »

Hello Spacecat,

I am planning a trip to hike the Big Seki Loop sometime between Aug 25 - Sept 7.
Space Cat
Topix Novice

Post by Space Cat »

That sounds cool. How many nights were you thinking?
sonicrobotstar
Topix Newbie

Post by sonicrobotstar »

I was thinking 12 days. That's plus or minus 12.91 miles a day depending on logistics, water, camps, etc. What is your availability?
Space Cat
Topix Novice

Post by Space Cat »

Unfortunately I’m only available from the 8/22 - 8/29
as well as 8/31 - 9/15 . Basically, 8/30 is the only day I need to be in the Bay Area but it’s one week into my month off work.
sonicrobotstar
Topix Newbie

Re: Big SEKI Loop

Post by sonicrobotstar »

Spacecat, I got your private message but cannot send one back as of yet. Maybe because I'm a new user? Anyhow, I can tell you a little about me. I am a 48 year old male, married with 2 children. I have been with California State Parks for 15 years. Currently in Big Sur. I have also been in trail construction and manage a trail crew. I have hiked most of the JMT and many other trails throughout the sierra's. I usually hike with my daughter, but she will be Nepal during my time off. So, I thought I would reach out on this forum. If you would like to correspond more, feel free to contact me at sonicrobotstar@gmail.com.