HST Community      I find stuff

I find stuff | High Sierra Topix  

I find stuff

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.

I find stuff

Postby bluefintu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm

I find all kinds of stuff on and off trail. The things I find are mostly, "trash", but, my Son and I find/found some valuable things. Such as, a camera, a watch and many sunglasses, that were returned to the owner, except for one pair of glasses that we found at the trailhead.(I called and left messages from the sunglass case) I find things that are considered mine, empty beer cans/ bottles, wine bottles, cigarette butts, used tissue, buried wet wipes, just trash, etc... Sometimes, I do find things that maybe personal property that is of value and I will do my best to find the owner. So, if you were at Muriel Lake out of Piute Pass Trailhead, my friend found two things of value and we like to return it. Let me know ,what , where and when and it's yours.

bluefintu
Topix Regular

Experience: N/A

Re: I find stuff

Postby bobby49 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Recently I went west over Piute Pass and down the canyon. Suddenly I realized that I had stupidly left my good camera somewhere along the trail, so I left my pack and went dashing back up the hill looking for it. After two miles, I had found nothing, so sadly I returned to my pack and continued my trip. I got home several days later and reported the lost item to the forest service offices in both Bishop and Prather. Two days later, there was a small package mailed from Kansas ( ? ) and I received it. It was the lost camera. I sent a reward check back to the sender.

I usually find stuff in the places where I camp, usually small change. For a while, my average take was 37 cents per trip.
bobby49
Topix Regular

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: I find stuff

Postby astrogerly » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:25 pm

@bobby49 - thanks for mentioning contacting the Forest Service. I need to do that regarding our lost sleeping pad. I'm still holding onto a tiny bit of hope that maybe someone found it and turned it in somewhere...
astrogerly
Topix Acquainted

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to The Campfire