Hiking photos Thread

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Jessratson
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Hiking photos Thread

Post by Jessratson »

Do you take photos while hiking, why? where do you post them Instagram or Facebook?
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Hiking photos Thread

Post by rlown »

I post them here as part of a Trip Report. I also have them on my PC and DVD's as well to share directly with my friends. I do not use/trust instagram or fakebook.
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by balzaccom »

I take a ton of photos. I post some of them in my Trip Reports, and more of them on our website, and all of them get posted in Google Photos---but I hate Google Photos. It used to be Picasa, which was VERY user friendly, Google Photos is not.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Been photographing trips for years. Why? well, because. Snark aside, I grew up around photography and have always enjoyed landscapes. The Sierra Nevada is a local nirvana for landscape, especially when you get to those hard to reach places. I mostly keep them on my computer with an external drive back-up. I also have a few photo albums from the film days. I have put quite a few on Flickr, but not much these days. It was easier to share them with friends when there was an on-line source. I used to put a few especially nice shots on facebook, but I decided to delete my account.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Hello Jess welcome to our mountain enthusiast community,

If you want to see photos of places I, a landscape and nature photographer, hike and backpack, there are more on my web site than you will ever have time to look at. From my home page at:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/

You can see a large gallery of images on that home page, Gallery A, that if you mouse select any it brings you to a page describing each 4x5 view camera image in detail.

Under another link on the home page, Gallery B, are more 4x5 images though they do not have description pages.

On the home page at right are more links:

2015 Trip Chronicles Chronicles
2016 Trip Chronicles Chronicles
2017 Trip Chronicles Chronicles
2018 Trip Chronicles Chronicles

Each link of which will bring one to a sub-page table of contents listing all my trips these last 4 years. From there are links to trip pages each of which has up to two dozen images.

And below that on my home page is a sub link to:

Digital Camera pre 2014 Close-ups Page

That has links to pages with lots of close-up images, especially wildflowers.

Or if you just want to look at slide show sequences:

current A6000 camera close-up slideshow
current A6000 camera landscape slideshow
csc
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by csc »

I take tons of photos. Some get shared online, but more get printed for the scrapbook.
Jessratson
Topix Novice

Post by Jessratson »

Damn, the guy has a special website for photos, good job dude and thanks for sharing with me!
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

If you go to the Links page on my website, you can find lots of photogapher and hiking websites, including a few HST folks.

http://laurencebrauer.com/ASITHSLinks.html
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
Rotovsky
Topix Newbie

Post by Rotovsky »

I post photos mostly to my Instagram
CAMERONM
Topix Expert

Post by CAMERONM »

I use photos as snapshots, in a manner not unlike a running diary, and with the date information and GPS tracks, I reassemble the trip afterwards. The visual record is not just sights but what I experienced and what I was thinking. I resist going into "photography mode"; the snapshot process does not invade my fully living in that moment. The trip is never really complete until I process all of it afterwards.