SHUTTLE? Road's End to Lodgepole, Aug 13

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
coryk
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

SHUTTLE? Road's End to Lodgepole, Aug 13

Post by coryk »

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of a shuttle from Road's End to LodgePole early morning (6 or 7am) on August 13. I will happily pay for the service, or even schedule some kind of taxi, if there is such a thing (my HST search didn't turn up anything).

Without a shuttle on the 13th, I would need to hitch from Road's End to Lodgepole on Saturday Aug 22, possibly later in the afternoon and with 10 days of backcountry stank on my person, in order to get a flight out of LAX the following day. It seems cutting it a little close, but perhaps with summer traffic it's doable?

Any and all advice or proposals are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kolby
Last edited by coryk on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robow8
Topix Regular

Re: SHUTTLE? Road's End to Lodgepole, Aug 13

Post by robow8 »

I might be able to help, but is it Saturday August 22 or Sunday the 23rd?
coryk
Topix Newbie

Post by coryk »

Hi Rob,

Actually, it's the 13th. My hope was to get a shuttle on the 13th in the morning, from Road's End to Lodgepole, where we'll start our hike. We'll be exiting on the 22nd, but at what time is hard to say.

Is that still a possibility for you, by chance?

Kolby
robow8
Topix Regular

Post by robow8 »

My wife and I will be finishing up the Rae Lakes loop on Saturday, the 22nd. We are planning to spend Friday night at Lower Paradise so we will have an easy hike out on Saturday. We could probably go shower at Cedar Grove and hang around a while to give you a ride to Lodgepole, if it's not too late. I'd have to clear it with my wife, but she let us pick up Fabian, a German hiker, in Bishop last year on our way to Yosemite.

I would think that it would be easier to get a ride later in the day at Road's End, rather than 6 or 7 in the morning.

What route are you doing?
coryk
Topix Newbie

Post by coryk »

Rob,

Really generous offer and I'd be happy to take you up on it, provided your wife agrees and everything lines up.

Should we check back in a couple of days to see how it looks on your end and mine?

There will be two of us, both males in our early 30s. We're planning to do Skurka's King's Canyon High Basin Route.

Thanks,
Kolby
robow8
Topix Regular

Post by robow8 »

I just got the okay from my wife. If you want to go over your plans and see if an early afternoon exit is feasible, then get back to me, that will work.