Anyone used Photoshop Lightroom yet?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Anyone used Photoshop Lightroom yet?

Post by SteveB »

I just watched a demo of this new program, and was quite impressed with how much easier it is to do such a wide-ranging number of adjustments than it is with Photoshop itself. I think I'll d/l the demo and see how it performs on my new box.

On a side note, anyone use both Photoshop and Photoshop CS? How do you think CS compares to standard Photoshop for post-processing?
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Hey Steve,

I haven't tried Lightroom yet, I have been using CS2 for about 6 months or so had CS before that....they just get better and better.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Never tried lightroom...I currently use CS, been a while since I used regular photoshop but as I remember it was definitely a huge step up. Don't have CS2 but it has features I'd really like. If your considering going for photoshop, you may want to hold off until CS3 comes out - supposedly this spring (I tried the beta version and it really rocks).
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Thanks for responding, guys! :) Well, I have PS7 already, and it's my best "go-to" tool for post processing. I haven't seen any of the CS products, and was wondering how they compared to the standard Photoshops.

I'd heard about Lightroom back when it was still in Beta for Mac, and it sounded good. I'm playing around with the demo now in Vista, and it has a couple issues, but it's very easy to tweak images with this thing. Not having used CS, I was curious how ease-of-use compares with the Lightroom.

I'll see what I can learn about CS3 in the next couple days. I still have three or so weeks left on the demo of Lightroom, so that's plenty of time to compare the two. I'll post updates if anyone is interested. :)