James Wilson, R.I.P.

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
WarrenFork
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

James Wilson, R.I.P.

Post by WarrenFork »

James Wilson, longtime proprietor of Wilson's Eastside Sports in Bishop and co-founder of Friends of the Inyo, suffered a stroke and died on July 15th in Reno. He leaves behind his wife Kay, daughter Roseanne, a newborn grandson, and countless people on the East Side and beyond who will miss his kindness, his many contributions to the local community, and his passion and advocacy for wilderness. James was also one of the nicest guys around. The remembrances coming in to his memorial website fill in the details if your paths did not cross on Main Street or in the mountains.
gdurkee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: James Wilson, R.I.P.

Post by gdurkee »

I second that. James was an incredible guy, giving major support to the community not only to preserve the wilderness feel of USFS and NPS areas, but in his support of music festivals and local civic events. A really sad loss for the Sierra.

George