On the Road - Arches NP

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
krudler
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

On the Road - Arches NP

Post by krudler »

So we spent 2 1/2 weeks getting across the country on our way to FL to deal wth some estate stuff of my wife's dad. We stayed in Moab for 2 days and went hiking in Arches NP, it was really cool and I think the winter is the best time to visit the area as the snow made it look really cool (not to mention less people, I'm sure).

Not in the park itself but off a road in SE Utah were some really cool pictographs:

"Krusty, you know Bette Midler?"
"Yeah we own a racehorse together - the Krudler!"
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Wow, great pictures, Krudler! We did a back-country car-camping trip near Canyonlands back in early spring 1996, and your photos took me right back! What an amazing place those canyon areas are! or is! or something...
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Beautiful rocks, arches and colors! Cool pictos! We saw some similar ones on one of our hikes in Utah, but we couldn't get close to them. Thanks! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;