North Lake to Edison, advice request.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
coff20
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: North Lake to Edison, advice request.

Post by coff20 »

This isn't exactly recent information, but its an interesting read if you haven't already seen it: http://www.highsierratopix.com/DFG_Angl ... _Basin.pdf
"Let no man be ashamed to kneel here in the great out-of-doors. Remember the woods were God's first temples." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

"There's nothin' better than a boy and his dog just out travelin' 'round the backcountry" -Some Old Hippie
Laserjet3051
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: North Lake to Edison, advice request.

Post by Laserjet3051 »

Good thread. I have asked myself the exact same questions the OP is asking here on more than several occasions going to this same exact area. In the past, I have always aired on the side of extra fishing time and less distance/XC passes. Especially in and around Humphries Basin. I have never been disappointed, but I always leave wondering if I had just a bit more time, could I have made it over that XC pass in the distance and what would the experience be like?

Well, next months trip, I am going to do just that; budget less time for fishing, increase the mileage and really give it all I've got to get over that XC pass that for which there are no reports. Though next months trip for me will not be through the Piute / Pine Creek area.

I've fished for the last few years in Humphries basin and surrounding environs, my best yields were on Upper/Lower Golden Trout lake, but maybe that was a fluke.

:)