Sandals in size 13W?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Big Ed
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Sandals in size 13W?

Post by Big Ed »

Ended up ordering these off ebay in size 13, will see if they're wide enough.
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by InsaneBoost »

I have wide feet. Not sure if the same as yours, but I bought these and didn't have a hard time getting them on. http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Mens-Newport ... B0006FSKF6

Amazon has a great return policy too so no worries about returning.

Hope your Ebay ones work!
Big Ed
Topix Regular

Post by Big Ed »

InsaneBoost wrote:I have wide feet. Not sure if the same as yours, but I bought these and didn't have a hard time getting them on. http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Mens-Newport ... B0006FSKF6

Well, you're late to the party. If these don't work for me, my sons could probably use them.

Thanks.
Big Ed
Topix Regular

Post by Big Ed »

These fit my 20 year old son perfect, they're about an inch long for my 16 year old son. My feet are too much volume for them, the footbed fits good, but there is only about an inch of Velcro contact on the straps. I was thinking of having a shop sew on additional Velcro, there's a place called "Tent City" I've had do backpack repairs before.
Big Ed
Topix Regular

Post by Big Ed »

InsaneBoost wrote:I have wide feet. Not sure if the same as yours, but I bought these and didn't have a hard time getting them on. http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Mens-Newport ... B0006FSKF6

Would you be willing to measure around your foot at the strap point and let me know what it is? I guess we would have to account for arch too, just trying to see if the ones you got would work for me. Got one of my sons set up, still need them for me and my other son. Couldn't order a smaller size for my other son, that size was out of stock.

Thanks.
gabe&mel
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Sandals in size 13W?

Post by gabe&mel »

I've been using these for awhile. I have a pretty wide foot and they fit well. If you care about weight they weigh around 8 ounces for the pair in Size 11.

http://m.6pm.com/vivobarefoot-ultra-pure-m-blue-sulphur

I tried the knock off crocs and they work reasonably well but don't grip too well on wet rocks . But they are cheap and you can find them at CVS or walgreens around summer time. I think I paid maybe $10 bucks.

I also have a pair of chacos in wide that fit well but they are really heavy, like a couple of pounds heavy, though really comfortable and durable as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by gabe&mel on Sat May 09, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gabe&mel
Topix Regular

Sandals in size 13W?

Post by gabe&mel »

I'll Try to measure my foot later in the day to give you an idea as well. Finding wide fitting boots and shoes has been the bane of my existence.

gabe&mel
Topix Regular

Post by gabe&mel »

Big Ed wrote:

Would you be willing to measure around your foot at the strap point and let me know what it is? I guess we would have to account for arch too, just trying to see if the ones you got would work for me. Got one of my sons set up, still need them for me and my other son. Couldn't order a smaller size for my other son, that size was out of stock.

Thanks.

My foot measures ~10.5 inches in circumference at widest point. In these guys I have maybe a 1/2" to ¾" of wiggle room at forefoot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Ed
Topix Regular

Post by Big Ed »

Trying to show volume up higher.

gabe&mel
Topix Regular

Sandals in size 13W?

Post by gabe&mel »

I see. This one was a lil harder to do but measurement on the outer edge is about 8 inches, maybe 8 ¼ inch. Hope it helps.