Joshua Tree - Mary Peak

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Mtflyer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Joshua Tree - Mary Peak

Post by Mtflyer »

Saturday Sooz and I hiked up Mary Peak in Hexie Mountains. About two thirds of the way up, we came across Kathy which was on her way down after reaching the peak. She turned around and returned to the top to hang out with us. Photos at http://joeidoni.smugmug.com/gallery/2463995
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Beautiful pictures Joe! Looks like you all had a wonderful hike.

I just can't stand it any more I want one of those Monkeys :lol: :lol: :lol:
They have to have the cutest faces :)
wingding

Post by wingding »

Your pictures turned out really nice Joe - it was so good to see you and Sooz again.
Mtflyer
Founding Member

Post by Mtflyer »

Madeintahoe, here's the link for the monkeys.

http://www.buysuperflymonkey.com/BuySup ... 95_s/1.htm
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Looks like those monkeys like each other! I have to start hiking that area soon. Looks like a nice ridge climb!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mtflyer
Founding Member

Post by Mtflyer »

Kathy it was good to see you again. Let me know when you what to do another easy hike. I'm really out of shape, plan on trying Pyramid this weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but I'll try.

Cori, the monkeys are just good friends.
wingding

Post by wingding »

Joe - You'll like Pyramid - it's mostly a ridge hike once you leave the flats and the colors are so beautiful. It's supposed to be hot on Saturday - so an early start will help. It was so warm on the hike to Mary Peak - that made it difficult for me.

I'm looking at either real easy Coffin Peak (only 900 feet gain) or a peak just a little harder than Coffin like Eagle, Stewart, Brown, or Smith on Sunday if you're interested. I know Nopah is going to be really hard on Saturday, so I'm sure I won't be doing anything too difficult on Sunday.

Kathy
Mtflyer
Founding Member

Post by Mtflyer »

Doing Pyramid Peak on Saturday will be enough hiking for me this weekend. Plan to take it easy on Sunday. Probably check out the area on the north end of the West Side Road for a future airplane search. I'll being staying at the Trailer Park Camp Friday and Saturday nights, if you are in the aera stop on by.
wingding

Post by wingding »

Joe:

I'll see you at the trailer park on Saturday night. It'll be fun to camp with you and Sooz. I'm going to head over there after the Nopah hike. I'll try to remember to bring some wood.

Friday night I'll camp somewhere near Shoshone because that will put me close to the Nopah Range.

Kathy
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Joe..Thank you so very much for the link for the cute Monkeys :D :D