Short trip to Yosemite Valley

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Short trip to Yosemite Valley

Post by MountainMinstrel »

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend a night at the Yosemite Lodge this week. I was hoping that we would get a dusting of snow but allas we did not. :crybaby: But hey at least it didn't rain! In fact, it turned out to be a great couple of days with great weather and a full moon. Image

You can see some more shots here. http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5573 ... sm?start=0
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Nice shots!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Cool shots mm. I sure would like to get up there one of these days :nod:
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Nice! That one you have titled "Frozen Yosemite Falls" is cool. I was up there during February one year where the falls looked like that. Did you hike up the falls trail? I hiked up and then traversed over to the base of the upper fall...the little amount of water falling then was freezing and turning into snow before hitting the bottom and there was about a 60' high pile of fresh, white powder...really cool looking.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Post by MountainMinstrel »

mountaineer wrote:Nice! That one you have titled "Frozen Yosemite Falls" is cool. I was up there during February one year where the falls looked like that. Did you hike up the falls trail? I hiked up and then traversed over to the base of the upper fall...the little amount of water falling then was freezing and turning into snow before hitting the bottom and there was about a 60' high pile of fresh, white powder...really cool looking.
Thanks, I was with my wife so we never left the valley floor, but it was a great escape all the same :D There was a huge pile of clean white snow at the base of Upper Fall, and it looked like the water that did not freeze was going behind it. It must have been very cool up close.

ken
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.