Requesting Trip Reports

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Requesting Trip Reports

Post by maverick »

Fellow HST Members,

We would like to request from all our HST members to please write up trip reports, it is
one of the many things that makes High Sierra Topix such a unique and a great community
to be a part of.

We enjoy helping anyone here, many request beta about a certain routes or peaks, sometimes
a thread can run a couple pages long, but then the person requesting the info never comes back
to share their experience, how the information they got here may have helped them, did they
find a different route or maybe a safer alternative route that could be helpful to another fellow
member who is interested in exploring the same locations.

Your pictures also help many of us get thru the slower parts of the year (Winter), and also helps
plant the seeds for places to visit in the upcoming backpacking/climbing/fishing season.

So please embrace our community, and be a team player by posting trip reports starting this year.

Thank you.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Requesting Trip Reports

Post by gary c. »

My wife refers to someone who comes in and gets everything they want and leaves without contributing as a burglar.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I see them more as window shoppers :-)
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
sheperd80
Topix Regular

Post by sheperd80 »

I will have atleast one good one this season and hopefully a couple overighters worth sharing. So far Ive just been dayhiking.

I suppose i could do a single thread and put brief TRs of all my dayhikes there. If nothing else they could atleast serve as a reference for trail conditions.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

sheperd80 wrote:I suppose i could do a single thread and put brief TRs of all my dayhikes there. If nothing else they could atleast serve as a reference for trail conditions.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with brief reports! And in fact, brief or not we prefer separate threads for different locations so people doing trip planning research have an easier time finding what they need. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
artrock23
Topix Acquainted

Post by artrock23 »

How about posting TRs from trips earlier in the year? Yes? No?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

All TR's are appreciated, no matter what year they were done Art. :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
elijah86
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by elijah86 »

sheperd80 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 am I will have atleast one good one this season and hopefully a couple overighters worth sharing. So far Ive just been dayhiking.

I suppose i could do a single thread and put brief TRs of all my dayhikes there. If nothing else they could atleast serve as a reference for trail conditions.
That sounds like a great plan! Having at least one memorable outing this season and a couple of overnight adventures to share would be fantastic. A single thread with brief trip reports for your day hikes would indeed serve as a valuable reference for trail conditions.