Devils Postpile shuttle

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Devils Postpile shuttle

Post by Wandering Daisy »

The NPS website is not updated for 2015. Does anyone heard any hints of when the shuttle service begins? I actually want to get in before the shuttle is required.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Devils Postpile shuttle

Post by markskor »

Unsubstantiated rumors...
Mammoth Mountain to close in 2 weeks,
Devil's Postpile Shuttle - mid May...but there is some talk of maybe even earlier too.
Same with Lake Mary bus, as roads are dry.
BTW, the town is very quiet but the temp today 61º.

Saw the first mosquito yesterday.
Mountainman who swims with trout
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

The road into the Reds Meadow Valley will open prior to Memorial Day, with a targeted opening date of Saturday, May 16th.
The Eastern Sierra Transit Authority will operate the mandatory Reds Meadow Shuttle bus system Saturday, Sunday, and
Monday of Memorial Day weekend. Normal operations will begin Saturday, June 13th and continue through Labor Day.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Thanks! By the way, how do you always get the right information? Phone call to FS or do you just know the right people? Anyway, I appreciate it.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

WD wrote:
Thanks! By the way, how do you always get the right information? Phone call to FS or do you just know the right people?
Anyway, I appreciate it.
Different sources.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
seanr
Topix Regular

Post by seanr »

The opening of the Reds Meadow Road, scheduled for May 16th, has been rescheduled for May 22, again weather permitting.
Source: Inyo National Forest Facebook Page

https://m.facebook.com/inyonf?refsrc=ht ... m%2Finyonf