Free Stickers?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Free Stickers?

Post by InsaneBoost »

I'm not talking about the HST stickers, I got some of those! But other companies, do they offer free stickers? I have quite a few Moosejaw and Backcountry ones from stuff I've ordered, but I'd still like to cover my bear cans in more to be seen easier at night.

I know I can buy some and I'll probably end up getting some, or maybe making them too, but I'd at least like to get some free ones if I can.

Anyone know companies who give out free stickers?
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Free Stickers?

Post by markskor »

Free gear stickers you ask? Sounds like deja vu.

All I did was write up a humble, well-composed letter - (a form letter really) -
Just asking _________ if they possibly had any cool stickers to help me decorate my bear can.

Contacted Gregory, Vasque, Western Mountaineering, Wild Ideas (Bearikade), MSR, Penn, etc...all the gear brands currently used. I also mentioned HST and my being a serious dirt-bag hiker...adding/ stating I was in no way a Craig's List/eBay type seller. (To be honest, the hardest part was finding the corporate addresses.)
90% successful - maybe 2 weeks till many generous replies filled up the ol' PO Box - Mammoth.....Karma?

FYI, takes about 100 in/out backpack cycles before the stickers take on a well-used patina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountainman who swims with trout
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular

Post by InsaneBoost »

Awesome. Looks like I have a lot of writing to do bwahaha.

Thanks!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

IB, don't feel like doing a lot of writing? Try this link. What I did was I typed a request for stickers for my bear can saying that I wanted to individualize my can and that it would be a great promotion for their company. Next I went down the list of all the outdoor gear brands and clicked on the ones I used and enjoyed. Most all of them have an email link attached and I just cut / paste my request and hit the send. Almost every one of them replied with multiple stickers and some even sent discount coupons.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/brands/
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular

Post by InsaneBoost »

I actually already started doing that, but your website makes the emails easier that's for sure! I already have a few responses which is nice. Thanks for the link!
k9mark
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by k9mark »

Ahhhh, but the real question is how much added weight those stickers add :unibrow: :D
God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes
reneekramer
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by reneekramer »

I would love to have a sticker. mountains sticker would be fantastic
Renee and John Kramer
P O Box 400
Vallecito CA 95251
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Renee,

I had some stickers before our remodeling at work, will check and see if I can find some for you.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I will mail some to you next week, Renee. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org