Hope Valley/Carson Pass Area Snowshoe Day

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Hope Valley/Carson Pass Area Snowshoe Day

Post by madeintahoe »

Thought I would post this album for anyone interested in the Hope Valley Carson Pass area. Eight of us including Kerstin from here enjoyed a half day snowshoe & Xcountry ski hike out in Hope Valley! It was an absolute gorgeous day and very very warm, almost hot! The snow pack there at least where we were in this beautiful open meadow was not very much, maybe two feet, lots of willows & twigs sticking up through the snow in places, but still enough snow for snowshoeing and skiing. had an awesome day & it felt great to get out...Sorry kinda late for posting..almost a month ago :eek:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/557148836zWuJZd
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Nice! Pretty blue skies and snow fun! Hope to get the splitboard out this year!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

MaidenTahoe - thanks for posting - looks like a beautiful day with lots of fun for all. I have been dying to do some snow shoeing this year - twice I have carried mine this year - but we are having a dry winter with not enough snow to enjoy. maybe some new storms will change that.
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Looks like you had fun! Thanks for sharing!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Cori, Tom & Mike..Thank you so much..it was a good day :nod:
Yeah..there really is not a lot of snow....when I compare this year and last year it is so strange the difference. Even this last storm we got...we got about 4" at the house which is at 6300, but I heard Kirkwood Ski resort got 18" of new snow which is good. I think that bitter cold we had in January kept the snow in pretty good shape.
Thanks again all of you :)