Backpacking the JMT in the Sierra on Youtube

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Backpacking the JMT in the Sierra on Youtube

Post by rlown »

There are several "movies" out on Youtube about the Sierra.

An example:

High Sierra - A Journey on the John Muir Trail

Makes me think I need to step up my documentation skills a bit.. :)

This video is really well done!!
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Backpacking the JMT in the Sierra on Youtube

Post by The Other Tom »

Thanks for posting these. I watched (most) of this one last night. Good cineamatography, and I like the way they put the ranger's comments in. On the other hand, those guys were somewhat goofy, especially the Lyel canyon incident. What were they thinking ](*,)
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Thanks for posting Russ. Been checking out a few of these videos as well recently. Very entertaining. Not sure if anyone else has tried to document their trips by video (if you have, any pointers?), but I've found it extremely difficult - not only getting the right video, but the time consuming process of editing everything afterwards (esp. with music and graphics). So when I see something put together like this (incidents aside), realize what an effort it must have been to put together (and done pretty darn well I think)
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

I agree it is very well done. I think that Eric's suggestion to create a section with links to quality or informative videos is a great idea. With as much surfing around the net as our membership does we could probably put a very nice collection together.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray