Rigging Hydration Bag For Osprey Clip

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Rigging Hydration Bag For Osprey Clip

Post by InsaneBoost »

Sorry is the title is a bit confusing, wasn't 100% sure how to write it.

Bought a MSR Hydromedary Hydration Bag a few months back for some future backpacking, and realized I had bought a bag that had loops at the corners of the bag, rather than one being in the center. During that time I ended up moving, and needless to say totally forgot about it and am now past the return time.

I like the bag, so that's not an issue, just looking for a way to hang it. I assume I can use some sort of rope or something, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Need something that will be strong enough to hold it without breaking, but also don't want something that will poke a hole in the bag either.

Was thinking shoelace, but figured it might not be strong enough?

Thanks!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Rigging Hydration Bag For Osprey Clip

Post by rlown »

basic parachute cord, with a stick spreader on the cord loops?? Everyone carries cord (i think)..
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by InsaneBoost »

I bet that would work perfectly.
BrianF
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by BrianF »

I have a similar setup and tied parachute cord into a loop through the two holes and also hooked under the filler handle that surrounds the filler cap. I get a little sag but not enough to annoy
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher