Post Trip-Where to Grab a Shower?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Big Ed
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Post Trip-Where to Grab a Shower?

Post by Big Ed »

SSSdave wrote:ya'll a bunch of wimps :p

Usually take a quick dip in and jump back out right in the creek
I do the creek/lake thing too, but it doesn't compare to a shower.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

A few years back my husband was the seat-mate from hell on the plane. He was in New Mexico hunting with his brother-in-law and they got an elk the last minute. He barely made it to the airport and was the last to board, covered in blood from gutting the elk and with a week's worth of grime and sweat. Since it was winter, there was no jumping in the creeks. He said the people next to him were amazingly nonchalant. I am surprised they even let him on the plane.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Wandering Daisy wrote:A few years back my husband was the seat-mate from hell on the plane. He was in New Mexico hunting with his brother-in-law and they got an elk the last minute. He barely made it to the airport and was the last to board, covered in blood from gutting the elk and with a week's worth of grime and sweat. Since it was winter, there was no jumping in the creeks. He said the people next to him were amazingly nonchalant. I am surprised they even let him on the plane.
Pheee-ew! :puke:
—B²
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Wandering Daisy wrote:A few years back my husband was the seat-mate from hell on the plane. He was in New Mexico hunting with his brother-in-law and they got an elk the last minute. He barely made it to the airport and was the last to board, covered in blood from gutting the elk and with a week's worth of grime and sweat. Since it was winter, there was no jumping in the creeks. He said the people next to him were amazingly nonchalant. I am surprised they even let him on the plane.
Must have been some entertaining times with the TSA agents. ;)