Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Post by markskor »

Big blue skies with whispy clouds, no snow yet - cold. The Western Grey squirrels are in constant motion, using the expansive Ponderosa Pine branches as their own arborial freeway. A bushy one pauses on a branch stump high above, now constantly twitching in cadence with its own piercing cry...a warning or an invitation? - hard to tell...this goes on for 5 minutes.

A murder of Clark's have descended, (or whatever you call a herd of Nutcrackers), systematically decimating the Ponderosa's cones - an ariel demolition factory. The Ravens remain here in town, still not cold enough to head down to Bishop...The Cow birds have left, thankfully. The occasional Steller Jay comes around but most are surprisingly mute as compared to summer visits.
Saw a raccoon last night, working hard to unlock a latched trash bin...The bears are still active too, searching for possible winter dens, as significant snow is expected this weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving from Mammoth!
Mountainman who swims with trout
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

squirrel chirps are always warnings. Too bad you're in city limits; they are tasty.

Happy Thanksgiving!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It's beautiful fall weather here at the western porch of the High Sierra. Clear skies, 70F, nice fall colors, with the high range so enticingly close. The average temps have dropped enough so that I can move the beer supply to garage from the 2nd 'fridge and have it at perfect serving temp (chilled but not too cold as in the 'fridge). Enough working out was done this past week to clear space for the turkey. Best wishes to all and your families,

GB
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Happy thanksgiving. Thanks for my wife who I adore.