2015 Group Trip ?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2015 Group Trip ?

Post by rlown »

And even earlier i thought to myself>>>"Why is Dave pushing on this topic so early in the tween time. If he's not signing up to set the venue, what is the point? One could hold a meet-up front country at TGIF on N. Wolfe Ave in Cupertino."

:D

Another suggestion. Overrun Humprheys and French.

Just messing with you SSSDave!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

This is all rather basic that ought not have to be explained though will do so herein since you asked. Yeah one could hold a meeting in an urban area but then few outside a given urban area would bother to come. In order to have the interest to attract members statewide to drive often hundreds of miles, a meet up needs to have a serious interest beyond just being able to meet up with web strangers. And the way enthusiast groups typically do so is by combining such with an actual activity groups are about.

I am in a number of groups including several http://www.meetup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; groups. A SF Bay Area large format photography group had a meeting at someone's house a couple months ago where we all brought prints to show each other. A mogul skiing web forum I'm on has a meetup each year at the Maryjane resort in Colorado. A religious group I'm part of recently had a big statewide get-together at the Carmel Mission. Fall leaf photographers on the calphoto.com site one fall had a group lunch meet up at the Lee Vining Mobile Mart. Much more obviously.

And we backpackers who have interest may figure something modest out too. Whether we do or not is no big deal, way down on my personal list of things going on next year much less something I would personally have an interest to get involved in beyond being the responding OP on this thread. But as noted a subject we can kick around on the board at a time when not much is going on.

hope this helps your wonderings :)
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by richlong8 »

Why not discuss it? It is a forum. Along those lines:Sometimes folks complain because subjects get brought up that have been discussed before. But some subjects are always going to be of interest, year after year, and if the subject doesn't interest me, then I will stay out of the discussion. But why rain on other's parade? It is a forum....it is supposed to be fun. :nod: