Moapa, *5246, *4542, Frenchman

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Sierragator
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Moapa, *5246, *4542, Frenchman

Post by Sierragator »

It's great when a peak lives up to its billing. Summitpost describes Moapa Peak as a "true desert classic" and it is. The knife edge was an absolute blast. It was reminiscent of the knife edge on Mt Russell. Of course the exposure was not as great, but more than enough to finish you off if you were to go over the side. The wind added an extra pucker factor. Moapa Peak rocks!

Also did two nearby un-named desert peaks *5246 (also had a less severe knife edge), and *4542. Stopped and hiked the very steep access road to Frenchman mountain at the east end of Vegas on the way home.

Great day on the mountain.
Therefore we are all, in some sense, mountaineers, and going to the mountains is going home."
wingding

Post by wingding »

Moapa Peak is a fun peak. I also really like Bridge Mountain over in that area and I hear that Muddy is a great peak with a little class 3, so I want to get over there sometime before it gets warm to try that one.
Sierragator
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Sierragator »

Bridge and Muddy are definitely on the "to do" list....
Therefore we are all, in some sense, mountaineers, and going to the mountains is going home."