Your favorite mountain scene...

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Your favorite mountain scene...

Post by mountaineer »

Here is mine. I don't think any view brings back more memories or typifies the High Sierra much more than this one of Seven Gables Peak over Vee Lake.
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Wow, that's a sweet one, Mountaineer®! I have camped at Vee Lake and the way Seven Gables Peak towers over the lake is incredible! I can't wait to return.

One of my favorite places (among many) is the Ansel Adams Wilderness, and one of my favorite places there is the creek above Lake Ediza. The green meadows and zillions of indian paintbrush with the Minarets as a backdrop always leaves me shaky in the knees!

One area that typifies the High Sierra for me as well is Pioneer Basin, looking south towards Mt. Abbot and Mt. Dade and Bear Creek Spire, especially from the lowest lakelet in the meadow before the main chain of Pioneer Basin lakes.

stanbery
Topix Acquainted

Post by stanbery »

Those pictures are awesome. :drool: :nod:

Jon
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Love the photos! Still haven't been to Pioneer Basin. In Sept we walked thru Bear Lakes Basin and stopped at most of them. We missed a few, but saw them from a distance.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!! I've always felt the Sierra was the most beautiful area on earth... your pictures are perfect examples of this!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

WOW! Those are some amazing pictures!

I don't know if I could ever choose a favorite mountain scene. Every trip I go on I'm just amazed at what's around the corner.

Hmmmm, its hard to pick just one. Here's two that rank high

60 Lakes Basin area:

Evolution basin
wingding

Post by wingding »

Beautiful pictures everyone!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Buck, I really love your picture of Shadow Creek, with the sunrise-illuminated Minarets behind! That's always been one of my favorite places, too.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Young Lakes has always been a favorite of mine.

sierra cyd
Topix Acquainted

Post by sierra cyd »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and happy to find it! These photos are GREAT and really made me smile, and what made me even happier is that I've actually been to all of the above places (except Young Lakes) and looking that the photos made me walk back through them in my mind! Thanks everyone! :nod: