TR: Mineral King Loop over Labor Day Weekend

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Mineral King Loop over Labor Day Weekend

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice report and photos. The comments about Sawtooth Pass jog my distant memories of my only visit there 45 years ago. I was never really sure if the sandy treadmill slog up to Sawtooth Pass (and continued to the top of Sawtooth Pk) felt so exhausting because I was a wimpy 10-year-old kid (celebrating 10th birthday on the climb) or because it was in fact especially loose or cruddy or a combination of the two. Of course your report so nicely conveys how the joys of trips like these far outweigh the pain and sweat of the harder parts. That 1969 birthday "celebration" of mine was in fact enjoyed at the time, even though I fell asleep with exhaustion at the top of Sawtooth Pk.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Mineral King Loop over Labor Day Weekend

Post by sekihiker »

Wow. Great photos of a great trip in a great area. Thanks for posting so we can enjoy it from out armchairs.