Ball Mountain

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Ball Mountain

Post by tomcat_rc »

Snow Nymph and I hiked Ball Mountain (elev 9256ft). We started just below the Kennedy Meadows Campround. Total trip time appr 8 hours. Glad it was not any longer - I left my headlight in the truck. I found today 2 liters of water was not enough - I ran out 2 hours before getting back to truck.

Since it's snowboarding season - this was probably my last hike with Snowy this year - want to say thanks for the great company while bagging those peaks - even the ones we did not summitt. Every day on the mountain is a good day - as long as you come home.

Almost time to tally up the years stats - I think I got around 20 new peaks in plus alot of my repeat favorites incl Dragon, Russell, and Whitney
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Ball was a new area for me. The hike was different, more trees, brush, a lot of ups and downs, snow, steep dirt slopes and boulders. Made it fun and challenging.

I finally got to the coffee shop for internet connection.

Sunday, 24 December 2006
Kennedy Meadows to Ball Mountain
PHOTOS: http://snownymph.smugmug.com/gallery/2283139

Thanks for all the peaks this year! :D Looking forward to more in 2007!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;