shuttle ride from South to North lake September 10

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
BigSea
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: shuttle ride from South to North lake September 10

Post by BigSea »

I have another question on this topic....

I have an upcoming trip starting at north lake and I was planning on finishing at south lake. My plan was to drop off the car on saturday morning at south lake, then hitch a ride back to north lake and start hiking. However, it occurred to me that there might be people driving towards the TH at south lake in the morning, but probably not too many people leaving until later in the day when people start coming off the trail. Any thoughts on how likely it is for me to get a ride from south lake to north lake at, say, 9am on a saturday morning? Perhaps I should just hitch a ride back to north lake at the end of my trip instead?

Thanks.
dubik99
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by dubik99 »

I recently (July 2014) did a North to South Lake loop and so needed a car shuttle. I arranged it with Rainbow Pack Outfitters at South Lake. http://rainbow.zb-net.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, 760-873-8877, Rainbowpackers@aol.com. Spoke to Ruby. Very efficient. When we arrived a week later everything was as arranged. They charge $25 per person one way.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by overheadx2 »

I was just up there, and a group was waiting for a ride out in the AM. The ride they received appeared to be a shuttle service of some sort. I would call the sports store in bishop and ask. Parchers might know as well.