I'm here!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: I'm here!

Post by giantbrookie »

Hi George,

Good to see you back. I'm very sorry to hear that you need a new hip. Best wishes to a speedy recover once you have the surgery. I know some folks far older than you who bounced back really quickly and were back in the High Sierra within a year after surgery so I hope the same will apply to you.

Cheers,

John
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Vaca Russ »

George,

How many people who read this forum know that you are a famous celebrity? :D :nod:

You and your wife are referenced in this book "Final Flight".

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you get well soon with your hip issue!

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
Dragonfly
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Dragonfly »

Hey, George!

Just joined this forum and saw your update. So glad to hear that you're headed to Santa Rosa. NOT so glad to hear that you're still wrangling with Work Comp...hope progress has been made since last year, at least.

Still miss seeing you and Paige on our backcountry rounds, hearing your calm baritone on the radio, etc. They're a lucky bunch at Channel Islands, that's for sure.

Cheers,
Kibby