Weird deer behavior?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
uclacody0908
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Weird deer behavior?

Post by uclacody0908 »

Interesting story shawn and creepy! Spoke with a hunter today who also told me the deer is probably fed and treated as a pet since this seems to be a popular camp area at Laurel lake.
jmherrell
Topix Acquainted

Post by jmherrell »

Once when I was at Spring Lake (Mineral King) I passed a camp with four women and one asked if I had seen a deer carrying a bra. What!? The deer apparently had carried away all their bras hanging in a tree to dry.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

jmherrell wrote:Once when I was at Spring Lake (Mineral King) I passed a camp with four women and one asked if I had seen a deer carrying a bra. What!? The deer apparently had carried away all their bras hanging in a tree to dry.
Deer..... Sure;)
I'm no suture for my future.
jmherrell
Topix Acquainted

Post by jmherrell »

I guess I failed to mention the relevance of Spring Lake to the story is that there are many stories of deer absconding with gear and clothes there.
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sekihiker »

I've seen the salt seeking deer of Pinto and Spring Lakes near Mineral King. They were licking salty camp gear at Pinto and lapping up urine at Spring. I've also seen a doe at Rae Lake in the Red Mountain Basin who preferred to nibble the browse that I urinated on.