new requirements for 2007

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

new requirements for 2007

Post by tomcat_rc »

the change in requirements for 2007 - has anybody caught this yet - I want to see some input before I weigh in any more -

see reference link: http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/cgi-b ... p=0&r=npwm
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

So the folks trying to put in an honest day's work prior to hittin' the trail (or half day's work) will be penalized in favor of people who may play an extra day of hookie in order to drive to LP to p/u the permit before 2pm. Great.
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

I work till 5pm on Friday - me getting to permit office by closing aint gonna happen. Let's hope these can be picked up on after hours pickup again.
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
Baffman
Topix Regular

Post by Baffman »

That trail is a zoo anyway. I doubt I'll ever go up it again. There's too many other jewels out there. An after hours pickup program seems to me to be good for everybody. I used to do that a lot until they stopped allowing it.
grego
Topix Newbie

Post by grego »

Having been up and down the Mt Whitney Trail several times, and thorughout the Sierras much more, I do not see the attraction to the former. If altitude is the prize, why not tackle something more isolated (and a tad more challenging) like Mt Tyndall? Or simply go over the ridge via New Army Pass - much less traveled and quite spectacular once over the ridge.