Lost Wedding Ring -- FOUND

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lost Wedding Ring -- FOUND

Post by maverick »

Great news! :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
hikin_jim
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by hikin_jim »

LMBSGV wrote: I'm another... who thought the odds were slim to zero.
Shoot. I didn't think my chances were even that good. "Slim to none" would be an upgrade. ;)

But found it is; I saw the photo on FB, and where it was found matches where I camped. I'm a pretty fortunate guy. I'm even more fortunate that I get to hang out with the gal who gave me the ring in the first place...

...and our daughter.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving
thepreciselife
Topix Acquainted

Post by thepreciselife »

Wow, how amazing.

When I first read this thread last week, I told my gf about it and we were just like "wow, that sucks but I bet somehow he'll get it back" and sure enough you did.
Not until you take that first breathe of fresh air surrounded by nature, will you realize this is where you were meant to be.
hikin_jim
Topix Regular

Post by hikin_jim »

I haven't got it in hand yet, but things are looking good. The gentleman who found it is due to finish his JMT hike tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have it in hand thereafter.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Jim's story made the Fresno BEE.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/07/27/404 ... ikers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix