TR: Dinkey Lakes Loop 6/29/14

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Toyotatech
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Toyotatech »

This will be my first trail report on these boards, so here goes.

Camped Saturday night in the back of the truck at the trailhead, and woke up at 5:00 am this morning. Had a blueberry muffin and some juice for breakfast and off we were! Air was nice and cool, really felt like perfect weather for a good hike.

On the trail by 6:00 and a bit over an hour later, we arrived at first dinkey lake and watched tons of Brooke trout surface for about twenty minutes. Immediately regretted leaving the rod at home. Image.

A short while later, south lake. There were a few campers around, but nice and quiet for the most partImage

After a short rest at south lake, we headed out for swede lake, which came a little quicker than expected. Image

Last but not least, we finished up with mystery lake. Loved the unique shape of this water, at first sight, it looked as if the lake was separated by a strip of land. Image.

After a rest at mystery lake, we made pretty good time back to the truck and were in shaver lake eating pizza at lunch time!!! Great trip, and looking forward to the next time out!

A few more pics. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riverwalker
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Dinkey Lakes Loop 6/29/14

Post by riverwalker »

Thanks for the report. I also sent you a PM.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you for contributing to HST with your first TR and pictures. Looking forward
to seeing more of them during this summer. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Really enjoyed your TR and photos TT. Been in that area a few times (Three Sisters, Cliff Lake, Eagle Peak) and always found it very enjoyable.
Toyotatech
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Toyotatech »

I hiked into cliff lake a few years ago for some deer hunting. No luck hunting but fishing was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk