What Peak is this?

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
alpinemike
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

What Peak is this?

Post by alpinemike »

I'm trying to determine what peak the pointy almost horn tipped one is. This was taken below Forester Pass just a few days ago along a bench before dropping into the valley below.

My guess is that it's either Gardiner or Cotter, but I believe Cotter is further to the North.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never put off a backpacking trip for tomorrow, if you can do it today...
Alpine Mike-

http://mikhailkorotkinphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lukasz
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Re: What Peak is this?

Post by lukasz »

Looks like unnamed peak (3740+) south of sixty lake col ? Gardiner would be the highest peak to the left, Cotter is peeking from behind the ridge to the right ? Naah... the one to the right is Clarence King... it's amazing what one can can do with google earth ;o)

lukasz
alpinemike
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: What Peak is this?

Post by alpinemike »

Yes. I think you're right! I've seen that peak before and that's where it is.. right south of Sixty Lakes Col. Thanks!
Never put off a backpacking trip for tomorrow, if you can do it today...
Alpine Mike-

http://mikhailkorotkinphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;