Haeckel Col

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
oldhikerme33
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Haeckel Col

Post by oldhikerme33 »

We are scheduled to cross the Haeckel Col in 1 week, but we are concerned about snow conditions since we won't have crampons etc. Has anyone been across Haeckel Col recently and can tell us if we have to hike through snow to get across? Thanks.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Haeckel Col

Post by maverick »

Hi Oldhikerme33,

Welcome to HST!
Posted in Rules and Guidelines:
The Cross-Country pass forum is a location to post general information on cross
country passes within the high sierra. Seasonal conditions, question, and discussions
should not be posted within this forum.

Your post was moved because the "Cross Country Passes" section is for information
related about specific passes, and not for requesting information about them. Thanks

Edit: Their has been no discussion or reports of Haeckel Col, besides this one, and
unfortunately the author of this thread never came back to post a TR or Conditions
Report, but they may also have not done the trip.
http://highsierratopix.com/community/vi ... Col#p81348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
snowblind
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Haeckel Col

Post by snowblind »

I asked the question earlier and just went over about a week ago...snow was not a factor. Didn't even put on my microspikes for it.

There are a couple of photos in a report I just posted: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;