TR: Emigrant Wilderness, June 7-14

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
DoyleWDonehoo
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Emigrant Wilderness, June 7-14

Post by DoyleWDonehoo »

Nice early season trip report! Some nice pictures too (aside from all the dead fish). I liked the Brown Bear Pass approach pictures. :) Quite a hike. I have been all through that area a number of times, and I will be taking two noobs through the EW on a week long trip in August which will additionally cover all of the areas I have not yet visited, like Maxwell Lake and Emigrant Lake. I would still like to get to Peninsula Lake which I have only seen from Haystack Peak. Good to hear about all of the mosquitoes! :) It means by the time I get there, they will all be gone, mostly.
Happy Trails!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doyle W. Donehoo
Sierra Trails:
http://www.doylewdonehoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
texan
Topix Expert

Post by texan »

Thanks for posting the TR and you also caught some nice fish. Now thats a bonus :D

Texan
rams
Topix Acquainted

Post by rams »

I'm really happy I'm not a fish. I wouldn't stand a chance against you!
justm
Topix Regular

Post by justm »

Thanks for the great pics and you got some beautiful fish !! That's my favorite area. I only fly fish, and I'm getting to were I can't kill them anymore to eat, catch and release. But lately I've been wanting to keep a couple to eat. The last trip I was on I was catching some big fat trout early in the day. When it came time to catch some for dinner, they got off my hook just at the last moment. That's ok, another trip for a fish dinner !!