Activities for a landlubber @ the coast?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Activities for a landlubber @ the coast?

Post by hikerduane »

I have plans to do a small group camping trip to Bodega Bay over Christmas and need some ideas on what activities I could do there that I cannot do in the mountain snow of home? My neighbor can loan me a crab trap anything else I can do while there? Dig in the sand for ??? I have a fishing license, I assume I will need to get a stamp for other activities. Where should I go to do whatever while there and how do I do it? I will bring some firewood down and my mt bike of course. Oh yeah, and the tide, that should be an experience!
Piece of cake.
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

There is some great bouldering to be had on the coast near Bodega Bay.
Skibum
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Skibum »

Lots of great hiking trails in Point Reyes Nat'l Seashore. Backpacking to remote beaches as well. Definitley worth checking out. :nod:
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

We will be, (oh my God) car camping. I want to check out tide pools walk on the beach etc. I can bp anytime with or without snow. This is a extremely rare trip to the coast. I was with a friend 4 1/2 years ago when we rode our motorcycles over to Mendocino. We left at around 8:00 in the morning and got over there around 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon, about 230 miles. That was the first time I had been to the ocean since the mid '60's in grade school when we visited the Bay area. Trips to SF to watch Roller Derby when we lived in Modesto don't count.
Piece of cake.