board activity rising

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

board activity rising

Post by SSSdave »

Have noticed an increase in activity on this backpacking sub-forum. More members, more new members, more postings is of course a good thing for any web community. For we Sierra outdoor enthusiasts, as a web informational resource and casual entertainment this means we are attracting members. The bump in activity seems greater than in past years at this time of the approaching summer backpacking and hiking season and is no doubt due to the good work of Eric and maverick plus useful, friendly, considerate, and respectful inputs of members. Good job folks! :)
ibSteve
Topix Novice

Re: board activity rising

Post by ibSteve »

I've benefited more than once from your posting, as well as those from Maverick's and Erik's!

In particular, your assessment that the route between Lake Cecile and Iceberg Lake was not trivial was spot on! When my family reached the lip of Cecile and looked down the slope to Iceberg (with full packs on), there seemed to be a collective inaudible gasp! When we slid on the gravel the first 50 yards or so, that gasp became very audible!!

I'm glad we did the route and we are much more comfortable on that kind of terrain now, but my respect - and appreciation - for your postings skyrocketed that day!!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

activity has increased. We need to see some return in the form of TR's from those who ask or asked for info in the past. That part has been slower than just asking and getting info.

Everyone here is always happy to provide info, but this is a community. Please post your TR's when you can, even if they're older trips. It helps everyone.

russ
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I tell everyone in the Sierra about this forum. Hopefully that has helped!
KathyW
Founding Member

Post by KathyW »

This is a friendly forum where one is able to find and provide useful information related to the High Sierra and heading into the backcountry in general. I have to say the active moderators and administrator have done a fine job setting the tone and making all of us feel welcome.
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

KathyW wrote:This is a friendly forum where one is able to find and provide useful information related to the High Sierra and heading into the backcountry in general. I have to say the active moderators and administrator have done a fine job setting the tone and making all of us feel welcome.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I 2nd that. A great community with good input from members; moderated in a courteous and professional manner. Also a forum which invites an exchange of information and allows for open, original thoughts, suggestions and ideas.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Yes, we steadily increase in traffic each year. For a peek at the numbers, I've attached last year's and this year's YTD reports. But more than anything that I or any of the Admin/Mods are doing, what drives traffic is content, content, content. And Members here post some of the best on the Web in this category, so it's no surprise to me that traffic numbers are good. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix