Potential High Sierra Topix retreat up for sale

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Potential High Sierra Topix retreat up for sale

Post by hikerduane »

For 7 million we all could pool our money to purchase the Rainbow Lodge along Interstate 80 a little west of Truckee on old 40. Included is around 100 acres or more, can't remember. The story was in the 'Nevada Appeal' last week.
Piece of cake.
Strider
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Strider »

We could run it like a timeshare! I'm in for one weekend every five years; that comes to $7671.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Members have first choice, just send your money to me at..............or call BR549
Piece of cake.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

What can I get for (looks in wallet) $23 and an expired Shell gas card? :D
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Steve, you get to wipe your feet on the floor mat and stand there for 10 minutes. Snowing over there? getting some up northwest of you.
Piece of cake.
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Rainbow Lodge is a great place to stay, been there a bunch when skiing at Royal Gorge (Soda Springs), Food is great and the water is Crystal Geiser right out of the ground. ( the CG trucks are filling up in the middle of the night), I asked about this and they said even in the showers. You can ski from Royal Gorge all the way to RL and they had a shuttle to run you back. I have a gift cert for a night, that will be enough to make me part owner Right!
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

You're in man! Love the river in that area, cabins/homes built on the rock by the river.
Piece of cake.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

hikerduane wrote:Steve, you get to wipe your feet on the floor mat and stand there for 10 minutes.
10 minutes?!?!? That's not even long enough to enjoy a nice hot toddie!! :p
hikerduane wrote:Snowing over there? getting some up northwest of you.
Yeah, it's been snowing lightly all day at elevations just above Verdi (bottom of "the Hill"). Snow blowing down into the Valley all day, but nothign sticking at all. Still perfectly clear roads. Up near Truckee and Tahoe it's chains-weather. Was hoping to drive out to Sierra Valley, but 89 north of Truckee has been chains only all day. I'm hoping to get out there either tomorrow or Wednesday (I'm off work until Thursday) to get some snaps of the first big snowfall of the season. :)
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

It has been snowing here all day, only about 4" of snow on the ground. The roads out east aren't too good so I put my studded tires on for the drive to CC in the morning since I had today off as an Alternate Holiday.

Too much snow for one toy and not enough for the other one. :retard:
Piece of cake.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Duane, keep your eyes open on the drive in. Lake effect snow of up to 4" is expected for CC area with this storm according to the weather guys. And of course there's Hwy 50 or I81, depending upon which road you take!