Wrights Lake Road

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Wrights Lake Road

Post by Vaca Russ »

We tried to drive up to Wrights Lake last Sunday. The road is open to the gate just beyond the equestrian camp parking lot. You can park there and walk the rest of the way.

There are a few patches of snow so you may want to consider a high clearance vehicle.

:wink:

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Wrights Lake Road

Post by maverick »

Thanks for the info Russ. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Fota
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Re: Wrights Lake Road

Post by Fota »

Thanks for the update, Russ. I am hoping to go on a day hike to the Enchanted Pools area from Wrights Lake on 5/31. How were the snow conditions around Wrights Lake? Did you happen to go up the Twin Lakes trail or in the general vicinity?
Thanks