Jordan Hot Springs

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Jordan Hot Springs

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Just got back from doing trail work there. The road over Sherman Pass and to the trail head of Jordan should be open in another week. The crews are still working on the roads.

It was very light patchy snow at the trail head and in for the first mile. Other than that it was very nice to be out.

We opened the trail to the Kern and when I left had removed 80 trees from the Red Rock Meadow trail. Hopefully the crew that was left will finish the log out and brushing so that trail is open again. It has been closed for 5 years now and I could hardly find it.
funcrew
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Jordan Hot Springs

Post by funcrew »

Excellent. Many thanks for your work and the report.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Thanks for the update, and all the trail crews hard work. :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Yes, Thanks for all the hard work. I amongst a lot appreciate the unsung heroes and why I blindly defend the Pamanmint debacle last year. :moon: *hats off to you* All done for the long term good preservation for all concerned even though they did not take it that way; your heart was in it, and I applaud it.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Thanks for the trail work. My wife and some friends will be headed for Jordan HP this weekend. I had a buddy that did the RedRock loop to Jordan HP a couple years ago and said it near worked them to death getting around and over the trees.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray