too much backpacking gear

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
funcrew
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

too much backpacking gear

Post by funcrew »

So I just moved to a smaller, cheaper house with less storage space. Still a perfectly adequate space for my family as the kids are off to college or soon to be. I'm unpacking boxes and realize that my backpacking gear would fill up a modest walk in closet. Since I hike ultralight, why do I have all this crap? How do I pare down?
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: too much backpacking gear

Post by rlown »

you can try and sell it in the marketplace forum here at viewforum.php?f=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, or... once in awhile an ad pops up here about gear resell. Click through that if you see it, and maybe go that way. Not sure if the site sees any revenue on that ad. Eric would know.

EDIT: http://www.geartrade.com/browse/hiking- ... 9_f67be791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The interesting part of using Google adsense here is that if you do a search in google, it gets reflected in the ads offered you. did a search and within 2 mins got the link.

We're being watched.. :D