CDFW Eastern Sierra Wardens to Conduct Wildlife Checkpoint

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: CDFW Eastern Sierra Wardens to Conduct Wildlife Checkpoint

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I'm sorry but the mentality of "if your not doing anything wrong then you shouldn't have anything to hide" has led to the fall of more than one civilization. The laws and principles of America were put into place to prevent corruption and protect the citizens from the Government. To make the assumption that law enforcement officers are all decent people just doing their jobs and would not step out of line or break the law for any reason other than to catch the "bad guys" is another way of thinking that is fatally flawed.

I know I am getting worked up over this simple check point but I am eaten alive by raw hate and anger at both law enforcement and America in general. Don't be surprised if some day you see me in a shoot out with the officers at a check point. I'd much rather "die on my feet than live on my knees". :mad:
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

I know it is probably best to steer away from any political discussion. I find it a struggle sometimes to keep my mouth shut about political matters. But I just gotta say...
RoguePhotonic wrote:I know I am getting worked up over this simple check point but I am eaten alive by raw hate and anger at both law enforcement and America in general. Don't be surprised if some day you see me in a shoot out with the officers at a check point. I'd much rather "die on my feet than live on my knees". :mad:
...I really like your attitude Rougue! :nod: :nod:

-Russ (SSN 683)
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

Vaca Russ wrote:I know it is probably best to steer away from any political discussion. I find it a struggle sometimes to keep my mouth shut about political matters. But I just gotta say...
RoguePhotonic wrote:I know I am getting worked up over this simple check point but I am eaten alive by raw hate and anger at both law enforcement and America in general. Don't be surprised if some day you see me in a shoot out with the officers at a check point. I'd much rather "die on my feet than live on my knees". :mad:
...I really like your attitude Rougue! :nod: :nod:

-Russ (SSN 683)

Wow...scary... :eek:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

this wasn't meant to be a scary political page. It was meant to be a heads up. I think everyone here is pretty law abiding.
Buford
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Buford »

Probable cause for DFG to search your boat/vehicle is having fishing gear onboard.

That is what I have been told.

Too many people poach, take undersized, out of season or illegal fish and game too often. I follow the rules and am polite with Wardens and never have issues.

I don't really want to get into the rest of it.
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

As I recall they did this last year too. Education and easy pickings of unsuspecting unlawful types.
I was exiting Coyote Ridge above Bishop some time ago and was stopped at a checkpoint on the trail. They asked how the hunting was. Told them I wasn't a hunter. They then told me that they saw me shooting on the ridge through their binoculars. I said they were mistaken. They asked to look under the tarp on the truck (used to keep the dust off of stuff) and found neither game or guns... A pain and waste of time, but I guess necessary to protect he resources. The binocular scam/scare was I guess a chance to come clean if it was true?