I'm switching to SmugMug

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

I'm switching to SmugMug

Post by Snow Nymph »

Snow Nymph's SmugMug link: http://snownymph.smugmug.com/

I have been pretty disappointed in Webshots, so SnowDude got me signed up with SmugMug. =D> It'll take time for me to transfer photos over, so I'll keep the webshots accounts til they ask for more $$. I've got 7 webshots accounts that I'm paying for right now, which are listed at the bottom of my SM page. Plus those without webshots accounts won't get those annoying ads! I was looking at someone's photos from another computer and was not logged in, and it was frustrating with the pop-ups and ads, so I quit looking. :shedevil That's when I realized how bad it was, so I've switched!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

I like viewing photos from SmugMug because they load faster on my slow phone lines at home, must be because of the lack of ads. However I don't care to spend much money so I have nothing now after getting mad at the udder place when I tried doing an upgrade and had a toolbar installed which I didn't want but I guess I could have gone the old way and not installed there stuff. Oh well, I don't have that many photos to show.
Piece of cake.
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

Snowy, can you transfer photos from web shots to the new site? Or are you doing it from your own files?
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

SN- Looks good, I'm gonna fill both my webshots accts, then switch. The pics looks so much better on Smugmug!
wingding

Post by wingding »

SN: You're smugmug account looks really good. I've had my smugmug account for 11 months now and I'm almost done moving over the one webshot account I had - I've been really slow about it. I still need to add the captions to most of the pictures I've moved over. I did a back-up of webshots to my harddrive and I've been loading the pictures from there (they are not original size, but it makes it faster that way). When you back-up your webshots photos they give you and index that includes the captions that went with the pictures.

I'm really happy with smugmug - it's really nice to be able to customize it. I wish I knew more of the language needed to do more customization. Maybe when I get the final webshots photos moved I'll work on learning some of that stuff.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Luckily I saved the photos I used on webshots with captions on my hard drive, so it should be easier to transfer from there. I just have to find time to do it. The older photos don't have captions. '2snownymph' expires in April, so I'll start transferring that account. I started backing up the webshots accounts. SmugMug looks so much nicer, and NO ADS OR POP-UPS!!

edited because what I wrote didn't make sense the first time.
Last edited by Snow Nymph on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I agree with tyhe other comments. Your smugmug account makes all of those nice photos just that much nicer to view!