I was contacted by the editor of Webshots a while ago...

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

I was contacted by the editor of Webshots a while ago...

Post by Buck Forester »

...and they were interested in using a number of my images in their "Pro" section (OOoooOOOoo, sounds pretty professional, ha!), which was pretty cool! I just finalized my first contract with them and they already have an image released... I'm reasonably excited! Since I'm (very thankfully) now able to do photography full-time (well, mostly, I also do commercial insurance inspections for diversification of income so I don't scare my wife too much, ha ha!), this is a pretty exciting step for me! Things have been going very well photography-wise (I thank God for His blessings!) and we'll see how the Webshots "Pro" thing works out. I was able to keep my wife home from work with our son through my photography, and things were going so well I decided to leave my "real" job and focus even more on photography. This link might just work for today only and then they might switch images, I don't know. Gracias and adios amigoses and amigases! - El Bucko

http://www.webshots.com/g/
Last edited by Buck Forester on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all about the WILDERNESS!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckforester/page9/
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

That is too cool.

Is envy and jealousy a sin?

I couldn't get anybody to notice my crap if my life depended on it.

On a side note, I did donate one of my photos to Pinnacles NM and they used it as the backdrop for this display on climbing history...
mountainLight
Founding Member

Post by mountainLight »

That is totally cool buck. Your stuff is amazing and God has blessed you with an incredible talent, glad you are able to get paid to use it.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Hey mountainlight, "mountainlight" is my e-mail addy.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

El Bucko, sounds like congratulations are in order :nod: There are so many people trying to push through the envelope these days and go pro with photography, looks like you've finally made that big step - and well deserved if you ask me! When the money starts rolling in, don't forget us little people!!! (btw, the webshots like looks cool...that awesome minarets shot).
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Thank you!

I have no doubt most of us can take the same quality images. I also have no doubt that many of you could make a good living at photography too. The images I see here all the time blow me away! I've always thought the biggest difference between a serious hobbyist and a pro is simply a pro gets to be out there much more when the light is good and takes way more photos so they have more to choose from. I haven't been out very much this year because of my son, but previously I was just always "out there" backpacking with camera in hand, as a hobbyist, and was fortunate enough to see plenty of beautiful places and had learned a lot from Galen Rowell on how to capture it. What prompted me to go full-time was making much more money selling prints and licensing images than I was making at my regular job, and even more so, selling these images completely unsolicited by me. I don't even have my own personal website yet, nor submit images/adventure stories to publications for consideration, it's all been out-of-the-blue on a consistent basis. Since I'm much happier being in wild places and thinking of wild places than I am at a regular 8-5 job, I think God was leading in this direction. It's really an amazing thing to wake up in the morning and not have to jump in the shower and shave and fight traffic and wait for the weekend! Life is good.®
It's all about the WILDERNESS!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckforester/page9/
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Cool Buck.
Good Job!!

Steven
mountainLight
Founding Member

Post by mountainLight »

You are very humble Buck. Yes having time is a big part of it and I am thankful that my wife lets me enjoy this hobby as much as I can with little ones underfoot. Looking forward to seeing what a little more time and focus can do for your work.

I don't think i have stated this before on this forum, but I might as well. It was a few years back that I started posting on this forum, before it got hacked and I was awed by both your photos buck and others on this forum. At that point I was into backpacking, fishing and outdoor stuff, but hadn't really done more than point and shoot photography. I was always dissapointed coming back from an awesome trip to find that I never could show the beauty I saw. Well the site got hacked and the forum went down and I lost track of the regular posts.

In the mean time i bought my wife a dslr for taking photos of our kids. Lets just say that the camera is now mine and follows me everywhere. The photos and advice you all gladly gave were a big inspiration to me getting this deeply into landscape photography.

Thanks
ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

That is awesome :p :p :p
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Buck- Very cool. You rock! Will ya still talk to us when you are a famous snooty photographer?? hee hee :notworthy: Congrats!