Clark Range Aerial Photos 10/8/06

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Packtofish
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Clark Range Aerial Photos 10/8/06

Post by Packtofish »

Thought you guys might enjoy these pictures I took on Tuesday crossing the sierra. These are all of the Clark Range, Triple Divide Peak Area, with Edna lake in the center. and just so happens to be where I did a eight day loop in August. I've been waiting to fly over this area and get some good shots and it finally happened the other day. I have alot more like this of SEKI on Tuesday that I'll put on here if this works. I've never posted pictures before so I hope these come out ok.

Left to Right. Rutherford, Breeze and Chain Lakes. Fernandez pass is just to the left of Breeze.

giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice photos and a nice route for a trip. One of these days I need to go back to that area and take more time. My wife and I did Edna on an all-too-short 3-day trip via Rutherford and Slab Lakes in 1997 (a "warm up" trip for a Sawmill-Taboose week long epic a week later) and it was quite a trip.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Packtofish
Topix Acquainted

Post by Packtofish »

I checked out your route from Rutherford to Edna whenn I was up there. All I can say is, you are a machine! That's one hell of a dayhike. It was bad enough getting in the way I went. I was hugging rocks and wishing I had ropes a couple times but, I'm not a big fan of the steep stuff so that's probably not saying much. The fishing there was excellent though and well worth the trek in there. I almost turned around and bailed out!